How to Set Up Polar UV Coordinates in Unreal Engine 5
We break down how to turn a horizontal tiled gradient into a circular ring mask in Unreal Engine 5.
Today we show you how to create a function that polarizes your textures in Unreal Engine 5, turning them from horizontal, tiled gradients to circular ring masks.
How to Create Polar UV Coordinates in Unreal Engine 5
- Create a TextCoord node and connect it to a Multiply node with a value of 4 to increase the scaling of the UV which will offset it.
- Subtract a value of 2 to center the UV again.
- Plug those nodes into a VectorToRadialValue node, and plug the output in the UV slot of a horizontal mask.
- Change the MipValue of the texture to Derivative to avoid a visual bug.
- Plug the TextCoord node into DDX and DDY nodes and feed those into the respective texture slots.